I’ve been asked a few times recently how I’d answer the 25 questions a number of authors have been kind enough to do for this site. And as I have a few guest authors coming up soon, I thought it might be wise to get them in now. So here goes:
The rules are simple. No hedging. Choose an answer and stick to it. One word answers are preferred where possible…
- First job? Armourer in British Army (that’s a Gunsmith to you and I)
- Worst job? Fluffer
- Favourite author? Michael Connelly
- Favourite book? Night Watch by Sir Terry Pratchett.
- Favourite book to film adaption? Silence of the Lambs
- Favourite book to TV series adaption? Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Looking forward to Mr Mercedes though…
- Cat person or dog person? Dog. By a long shot
- Favourite fictional protagonist? Sam Vimes, Commander of Ankh-Morpork’s City Watch
- Favourite fictional villain? Former FBI Behavioral Science boss turned serial killer, Backus
- Last book you read? The Trinity Game by Sean Chercover
- First book you remember reading? The Magic Faraway Tree
- Favourite film? Heat
- Marvel or DC World? Marvel because they have Spiderman. DC have the best villains though
- Favourite TV series? The West Wing
- Favourite actor? John Cusak
- Favourite actress? Jennifer Lawrence
- Favourite method of travel? Walking
- Favourite food? Lamb Vindaloo
- One way trip on the TARDIS, where and when? North America, the late Maastrichtian stage of the late Cretaceous period, about 68 million years ago. I was obsessed with triceratops when I was a kid.
- Favourite city? Newcastle
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? To get into the mind of my springer spaniel. that would be weird I bet…
- Most famous person you’ve ever met? Lee Child or Kevin Keegan
- What book would you like to see made into a film? Born in a Burial Gown
- Three dream guests for dinner? Stephen King (the Shakespeare of our age), Larry David (because it would annoy him) and Sir Terry Pratchett.
- And finally, what would you cook them (and don’t cheat – has to be something you CAN cook!) Beef Rendang.
So there you go. Next up I’m hoping to persuade the awesome AA Dhand to have a go to celebrate the launch of Streets of Darkness